Yuzu™ is a learning platform that delivers an enhanced digital reading experience with access to a broad digital catalog.
Digital content includes eTextbooks, which are digital versions of printed textbooks that you can download to your Yuzu compatible device(s) or access online using your web browser. eTextbooks offer many advantages over traditional print versions, such as the ability to search keywords or access multi-media content.
BENEFITS OF eTEXTBOOKS ON YUZU
- Interactive Learning - eTextbooks can include links to related websites, videos, and other multimedia content, to make your learning experience richer and more engaging.
- Travel Lighter - Replace multiple textbooks with one app where you can access your course materials from a single, organized interface. You can easily adjust the layout, font size, and zoom to make reading easier on all your devices.
- Learn On-the-Go - With course materials always at your fingertips, you can read and study wherever you are. Highlights, notes, and bookmarks automatically sync across all of your devices.
- Simple Navigation - You can search key words within a title or your entire library, get automatic page citations, and share notes with your classmates and instructors.
|Devices||System Requirements||Internet Requirements|
|Yuzu for iOS||iPad®|
|iOS 7 and greater||Internet connection required for registration and to download digital content|
|Yuzu for Android™||Android tablet|
|Android 4.0 or later|
Access to Google Play™
|Yuzu for Web||Any Internet-|
|Latest version of Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox®, or Microsoft Edge|
Internet Explorer® version 9 or later
Safari® version 7 or later
|Active Internet connection is required|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO I PURCHASE DIGITAL CONTENT?
Buying digital content is just as easy as buying a printed textbook. Just go to your campus bookstore or click here to purchase eTextbooks. 'Digital' will appear as a textbook option whenever a digital title is available. Whether you buy in-store or online, you will receive simple instructions on how to access your digital content using your bookstore account. Then download and install the free Yuzu app compatible with your device(s).
CAN I RENT DIGITAL CONTENT AND GET ALL THE SAME FEATURES?
Yes. Yuzu provides rental options for digital content. All of the same great features are available on both purchased and rented digital content. Don't worry about forgetting your rental due date; at the end of the term, we'll retrieve the content from your digital library.
HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND?
Please contact Customer Care with any questions about refunds for online orders. If you purchased your title in-store, please visit your bookstore and speak with a manager about receiving a refund.
CAN THE YUZU APPS BE USED TOGETHER?
Yes. You can follow along in class on a tablet (like your iPad) and pick up where you left off on any compatible Internet-connected mobile device on campus or at home. All of your notes, highlights, and bookmarks will be synced automatically to your other devices once you are connected to the Internet.
CAN I USE YUZU WHEN STUDYING ABROAD OR STATIONED OVERSEAS?
Most students studying abroad should not have any issues using the Yuzu apps internationally.
- The iOS and Android apps can be downloaded internationally by foreign or American students.
- Note: Depending on the country you will be in, IP limitations or firewalls set up by a country or Internet provider could interfere with your ability to access Yuzu for Web and the bookstore website.
WHAT ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES ARE AVAILABLE ON YUZU?
Barnes & Noble College is committed to accessibility to create solutions that enable people with disabilities to more easily find, see, hear, and learn from digital content. With the new version of Yuzu, students have access to Text to Speech to assist them in their studies.
- iOS App: Using built-in operating system functionality (VoiceOver or Speech), most functions are accessible by using a Bluetooth keyboard. Examples of exceptions include selecting text for highlighting or copying.
- Android App: With TalkBack turned on, Bluetooth keyboard can be used to navigate the application. Without TalkBack, UI elements do not receive Bluetooth keyboard focus.
- Web App: Text to Speech functionality is available using third party screen readers. Users with a Mac computer can use VoiceOver. Users with Windows will need a supported third party application such as Jaws or NVDA to enable text to speech.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT ANSWERED HERE. WHAT DO I DO?
Visit customercare.yuzu.com for more help, and submit a request if you have a question or need support with Yuzu. You can also email email@example.com or call 1-844-YUZU-NOW with any questions about digital content or the Yuzu eReader.
© 2016 Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC. All rights reserved. Yuzu and the Yuzu logo are trademarks of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC or its affiliates. iPad and Safari are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Internet Explorer is a registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.